International Goods Depot Dried Apricots, 5 Lb, Turkish, Halal
International Goods Depot Dried Apricots, 5 Lb, Turkish, Halal by Internationalgoodsdepot at Good Time Donuts. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Apricots are rich in the carotenoids and xanthophylls, nutrients that researchers believe may help protect eyesight from aging-related damage To give
Apricots are rich in the carotenoids and xanthophylls, nutrients that researchers believe may help protect eyesight from aging-related damage To give an example of how this works, one of these nutrients (lutein) appears to be able to protect the retina-the part of the eye that picks up the visual image from the environment-from damage caused by blue light. Additionally, researchers have linked regular intake of fruit with less risk of vision loss with aging. This benefit is found in people who eat three or more servings of fruit each day. Three servings of fruit may sound like a lot to eat each day, but by simply snacking on an apricot, tossing a banana into your morning smoothie, and topping off a cup of yogurt or green salad with one-half cup of berries, you've reached this goal. Protect Against Inflammation Apricots are a strong dietary source of catechins, a broad family of flavonoid phytonutrients (you may be familiar with these phytonutrients since they are often cited for the benefits provided by green tea). A single apricot will provide you with 4-5 grams from catechins. These phytonutrients are potent anti-inflammatory nutrients and researchers have looked extensively at their health effects. Researchers have discovered that catechins can inhibit the activity of an enzyme called cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), one of the critical steps in the process of inflammation. Much of this research on catechin benefits involves animal rather than human studies. But we have seen human research where diets rich in catechins-not specifically from apricots but from other catechin-rich foods like tea or cocoa-have led to significant beneficial changes. For instance, multiple studies have shown that catechin-rich foods can protect blood vessels from inflammation-related damage, leading to better blood pressure control. Includes: Only Apricots
Features & Highlights
- Health Benefits Apricots are rich in many plant antioxidants. Some of these are the vitamin antioxidants so familiar to regular users of this site. Others are more difficult to obtain from other foods, and may be responsible for specific health benefits. Overall, consider the apricot to be a great food that provides you with the protective effects of antioxidants while adding very few calories to your daily total.
- Protection Against Free Radical Damage Apricots contain a number of potent antioxidants. We rank the apricot as a good source of both vitamin A (from beta-carotene) and vitamin C. The health benefits associated with each are multiple and well-documented.
- Apricots are rich in other antioxidants, too, including polyphenolic antioxidants like flavonoids. Diets rich in flavonoids and the other types of polyphenols found in apricots have been linked to reductions in heart disease in humans, as well as other potential health benefits
- Antioxidants are responsible for some of the specific effects listed below, but those only scratch the surface of the potential health benefits of diets rich in these important nutrients. Here are a few of the important antioxidant nutrients or nutrient groups found in apricots:
- Quercetin, Proanthocyanidins, Catechins, Epicatechins, Hydroxycinnamics, Gallic acid, Caffeic acid, Coumaric acid, Ferulic acid, Protect Your Eyesight
|Package Weight:||5.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.7 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Internationalgoodsdepot, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Creative Nature
mpn: 43169, ean: 5057065425465,
Apricot Kernels are one of the healthiest foods on Earth. Grown in the Himalayas, between 6000 and 10,000 feet, these extremely bitter kernels are similar in taste to almonds and marzipan. We only stock the bitterest of kernels as these contain the h...
By Treasured Harvest
mpn: 1, ean: 0797565651111,
Turkish Apricots - 5 lb.5 lb. Turkish Apricots. Bulk Box - Treasured Harvest Brand. Dried Apricots - Perfect for snacking, cooking, baking, dipping in chocolate!. Finest Quality - Freshest Taste. Try our other varieties of Trail Mix, Nuts and Dried F...
By Trader Joe's
mpn: na, ean: 0786173913162,
Trader Joe's Blenheim Variety Dried Unsulfured Apricots...
Organic Apricots Soft and Succulent by Sunny Fruit 1 KgOrganic Apricots Soft and Succulent by Sunny Fruit 1 Kg. As a healthy snack. As a quick breakfast. For Kids school lunch box. Addition to any dinner recipe. ...
By Dried Fruit
mpn: BWC03102, ean: 0023625020307,
Dried Fruit Apricots, 5-Pound...
mpn: SWF001, ean: 0087614240015,
Swanson Certified Organic Turkish Apricots are bursting with flavor, making for the perfect snack or addition to trail mixes to enhance taste and nutritional content.Swanson Organic. Swanson Certified Organic Turkish Apricots, Unsulphured 11.5 oz (32...
By Snack Farms
Ingredients: dried california apricots, sulfur Dioxide used as a presservativeSold by 1 lb. Apricots - Sealed in Bag/Container. Ensured Quality and Freshness. ...
mpn: I00077133, ean: 0071022140098,
MARIANI mediterranean apricots are a source of vitamins A & CNEW!!!!!!!!!!! TouchLock easy seal bags. sold as 3 6oz bags. good source of potassium. dietary fiber promotes good digestive health. dried apricots may occasionally contain pits. ...